The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requires us to collect a prescription for the purchase of all CPAP, Auto CPAP, BiPAP/BiLevel devices, CPAP Humidifiers, CPAP masks, Oxygen concentrators and Nebulizers. We set your machine by doctor's order and must set it to the settings indicated on your prescription.
CPAP masks are also included in the FDA's prescription requirements. If you do not have a copy of your prescription, we would be glad to contact your doctor and request the information for you. Please include the following in the comments section during the checkout process:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Office Phone
- Office Fax
Checklist for submitting your prescription
- You can send it via toll free fax (866) 835-6437 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will automatically match up your prescription with your order.
- Prescriptions must be issued by a doctor licensed to practice medicine in the United States.
- If purchasing a CPAP, make sure that the prescribed pressure setting is clearly visible on the prescription.
- If purchasing an Auto-CPAP, make sure that the prescribed pressure range is specified (e.g. 5-18 cm/h20)
- If purchasing a BiLevel, make sure the IPAP (high pressure) and the EPAP (low pressure) are indicated along with the contact information for your physician.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call us toll free at (877) 475-3373.
Oxygen concentrators require a prescription from your doctor stating the need for this equipment. They do not need to specify an exact manufacturer unless that is a requirement set forth by your insurance company for reimbursement.
Nebulizers require a prescription from your doctor stating the need for this equipment. They do not need to specify an exact manufacturer unless that is a requirement set forth by your insurance company for reimbursement.
All ResMed CPAP, Auto CPAP, BiLevel devices as well and Heated Humidifiers, Nasal and Full Face CPAP masks require a prescription from a doctor licensed to practice medicine in the US. Promotional codes do not apply to ResMed products.
All services provided by Talk About Sleep including: advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction and setup of the products are preformed solely by Talk About Sleep and independently of the manufacturer.